Activities and excursions
We would be pleased to organise an activity program for you:
Possible activities and excursions in the Lüneburg Heathland and the surrounding area
- Museum of local history and culture
- Hill graves
- Memorial Place Bergen-Belsen
- Permanent exhibition of the history of the prisoners of the war and concentration camp Bergen-Belsen
- Special exhibitions, movie shows, library and archive
- Support for visitor groups according to appointment
- Celle Historic town centre
Celle’s castle, historic town centre full of charming half-timbered houses from the 17th century as well as excellent shopping opportunities.
- State Stud of Lower Saxony in Celle
Remarkable horses of pure race. The shows which take place a few times a year are a must see for every horse-lover.
- Orchid breeding Wichmann
Orchids, the queen of flowers, in abundance – one wonderfully fragrant eye-catcher after the other. Gardeners are available to offer expert advice.
- The Bomann museum
Varying exhibitions as well as an exhibition of the history of eastern Lower Saxony and of life here during the 19th century, showing fully equipped rooms and even a whole farm house from that time.
One can see dozens of different mills from all over the world rebuilt in a beautiful park.
- Carriage ride into the heath
- Sheep stables
Make a Safari tour by bus or in your own car through a game park in which rhinos, tigers, giraffes and monkeys regulate the traffic. Visit several exhibitions or have fun in the amusement park riding the roller coasters.
Old salt town with half-timbered houses
- Moorland lake with boat hire
- Hermann Löns memorial stone
- Toys museum
- Themepark Heidepark Soltau
Enjoy the rides on some of the most exciting rollercoasters in Europe. Sea lion, dolphin or alligator shows in the Dolphinarium are highlights in this world of adventure.
The park is situated nearby the Soltau Lake and offers rare species of animals in the game park.
Mineral oil museum
Experts inform about mineral oil production and processing in the past and the future.